Chief Building Engineer - North America, reporting to Facilities Management
The Chief Building Engineer will efficiently plan, lead and coordinate all operation and maintenance activities for the buildings systems and equipment for the corporate location. Provide oversight and manage work performed by maintenance staff to ensure that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and facilities are in optimum working condition. Interpret technical issues to prevent equipment and facilities downtime and proactively pursue equipment and maintenance related issue. Develop and maintain strong relationships with business unit customers and stakeholders. Provide recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, training, promotion and advancement. Mentors and coach team members to further develop competencies. Chief Building Engineer position requires administrative duties, working with tools to complete work orders as necessary, and maintaining maintenance metrics.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed including nights weekends and holidays.
- Formulate and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that buildings, systems and equipment meet or exceed their rated life.
- Coordinate with business units to schedule preventive maintenance and other activity to minimize business interruption.
- Utilize CMMS data and develop RC/CA plans.
- Coordinate construction as directed by and Facilities Management.
- Ensure service providers deliver their contracted service levels to the standards required within the cost guidelines established.
- Monitor building systems such as Building Management Systems to ensure business continuity and operation of equipment.
- Ensure headquarter location is maintained to standard for safe and efficient occupancy.
- Adhere to facilities standards to ensure consistent delivery maintenance services.
- Manage Service Providers ongoing maintenance standards, quality and costs to ensure delivery is as contracted and is appropriate.
- Implement asset assessment programs to provide condition codes for capital planning and risk mitigation.
- Efficiently operate buildings and systems to optimize energy consumption.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent reporting of the facilities programs and issues to Facilities Management.
Mandatory Requirements The position plays a key role within North America and assumes responsibility for preventive and reactive maintenance of the headquarter location. The position has authority to develop standards in conjunction with the Facilities Manager/Director for all preventive and reactive maintenance activities, capital expenditure requirements for minor projects, implement processes and standards and control cost, quality and efficiency programs. Educational Background:
Bachelors Science or Technical Degree required Professional Experience:
Journeyman’s licence preferred and a minimum of ten years in a similar or related role supervising technicians and working with service providers Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of building and systems such as chilled water, HVAC, plumbing, generators and electrical distribution.
- Expert construction, repair and maintenance .
- Computeriezed Maintenance Management Systems and PC skills such as email, Word and Excel.
- Environmental considerations and energy management.
- Business acumen and budget management.
- Effective leadership and supervisory skills.
- Expert level of electrical and mechanical systems skills.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Lead, engage and motivate people.
- Work in and with teams to provide necessary services
Candidates must be able to work in hazardous surroundings and at heights up to 60’. The employee will be required to safely walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear. Preferred Requirements EEO/AA: Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets
Location/Region: Estero, FL (US)