JOB TITLE: Warehouseman/Warehousewoman
Department: Materials Management
Position Number: BUH017
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Title: Supervisor, Materials Management
Location: North Fort Myers, FL
Work hours: Monday-Friday 2:30pm-11:00pm
Position Summary: This position is responsible for issuing, receiving, storage and handling of all materials used in the construction and maintenance of LCEC’s electrical system.
• Issue, receive, transport & store material and supplies used in the construction and maintenance of LCEC’s electrical system. Ensure construction personnel are provided the correct amount & type of material & supplies so projects may be completed within established timeframe. Material is properly received, stored & issued according to established LCEC practices. Material transfers are completed and recordkeeping is accurately performed.
• Perform cycle counts & document all inventory transactions that affect inventory levels. All issues, receipts & transfers are accurately documented so the correct levels are reflected in the inventory system. Cycle counts are performed correctly so that periodic adjustments may be made.
• Reclaim & refurbish materials within the salvage & investment recovery area. Assist in the proper disposal of LCEC’s obsolete and non-usable material & equipment. All materials returned through salvage control area are inspected for wear or damage. Repairs or refurbishments are made in order to return those materials to inventory if possible. Those items destined for disposal are prepared according to established procedures in order to provide the best return on investment.
• Respond to after-hours work requirements and assist where required in emergency situations. Respond within established timeframe to emergency material & service requirements.
• Perform all work in accordance with LCEC’s safety rules & guidelines. No accidents as a result of failure to follow established safety rules & guidelines.
• Maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers at all levels within LCEC. Ensure smooth operations, productive communications, and effective understanding during all interpersonal contacts. Provide current and accurate information to all requesters, courteously and in a timely manner.
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Three (3) years experience receiving, issuing, storing & transferring materials in a warehouse or storeroom setting.
• Class A commercial drivers license with tanker endorsement.
• Experience in operating a forklift, order picker, and related material handling equipment.
• Familiarity with personal computer and Email.
• Experience in using bar code technology for inventory transactions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Physical Demands: This position requires typical physical demands found in the construction industry, which includes but is not limited to heavy lifting, working on ladders, vehicle/equipment operation, outside and inside work. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. frequently
and 100 lbs. occasionally; drive large vehicles & heavy equipment; work at night and for extended hours.
• Work Environment: Inside and outside (often in inclement weather (extreme heat, thunder storms, & occasional cool temperatures).
Please note that at the time a candidate is made a job offer, the candidate will be subject to a background check and a drug screening.
Location/Region: North Fort Myers, FL