Home Health Registered Nurse
The registered staff nurse is an individual who provides skilled nursing services to patients in the home setting. The staff registered nurse is responsible to and under the direction of the Director of Nursing.
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
Reports directly to the DON or designee, oversees services provided by Licensed Practical Nurses, Home Health Aides and Companion Sitters.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, currently licensed in the state of practice with one (1) year of nursing experience; five (5) years home care experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate familiarity with OASIS system.
- Must have physical abilities to adequately perform described duties.
- Ability to learn and apply professional training, follow physician’s orders and produce accurate records of activities and services provided.
- Able to see and hear adequately to respond to auditory and visual requests which relate to the coordination of Agency activities.
- Able to speak in a clear, concise voice in order to communicate direction for Agency activities and staff.
- Ability to organize work procedures, assume responsibility and effectively supervise others.
- Demonstrates proficiency in entering data into a laptop computer.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities and positive interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge regarding exposure to body fluids, and chemicals, and some hazardous equipment.
- Demonstrates exceptional assessment skills.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinates services and provides case management as describe in state regulation for all cases involving nursing and therapy services.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit for cases involving skilled nursing services including OASIS data set.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Re-evaluates patient's nursing needs on a regular basis.
- Furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
- Participates in in-service programs, trains, and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for each patient receiving nursing or personal care.
- Develops and implements the nursing care for the patient under the direction of the physician.
- Observes and reports symptoms, reaction to treatments, drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the patient’s care and safety.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient receiving care;
- Assures that progress reports are made to the physician for patients under medical care describing patient activities and or changes in condition.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in in-service programs and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel;
- Provides supervision of home health aide services every 14 days, and LPN staff every 30 days.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and agency matters.
- Prepares written instructions for care provided by home health aides.
- May assign selected portions of patient care to licensed practical nurses and home health aides but always retains the full responsibility for the care given and for supervisory visits to the patient's home.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the DON.
- Attains annual goals as established in the annual performance evaluation.
- Submits required documentation in a timely manner.
About this company
Page Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a 180 bed Independent, Not-for-Profit Organization that offers short and long-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services with a dedicated special care unit for residents with Alzheimers disease and other memory related disorders.
Our home-like atmosphere allows residents to enjoy courtyards accented by fountains and beautiful landscapes. While rooms are furnished to provide clinical services, we strive to provide an atmosphere where our residents will feel comfortable.
Facility staff is provided with education as a whole and within the various departments. This ensures they have the resources they need to provide high quality care and to meet the quality standards set by the residents and their families. Our staff utilizes an interdisciplinary team approach to care delivery.
To provide the citizens of Lee County access to high quality, cost effective skilled nursing and rehabilitation service.
Location/Region: Collier County Area