HOME HEALTH AIDE/CNA
The individual in this position provides personal care services to patients in the home setting. All services are provided under the supervision of a registered nurse, Physical Therapist or Speech Therapist.
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
Reports directly to and works under the direction of the registered nurse or therapist.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of at least 75 hours of classroom and practical training with 16 hours of supervised practical training. (Federal)
- Must receive training in topics described in 484.36, see policy on Home Health Aide training. (Federal)
- Must demonstrate satisfactory level of competency evidenced by evaluation by a registered nurse.
- Adequate health status to perform described duties.
- Ability to safely handle body fluids and hazardous waste products.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff.
- Must meet personnel qualifications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides direct and indirect personal care to the patient in the home setting under direction of a registered nurse or therapist.
- Utilizes safety measures in provision of care.
- Maintains effective communication with supervisor regarding patient’s condition.
- Participates in In-service training (12 hours) annually.
- Follows written assignment to deliver patient services developed by an appropriate health care professional. (RN, PT, ST)
- Documents and submits accurate accounts of services provided.
- Observes the patient for changes in condition and behavior and reports to supervisor.
- Removes patient's medication container from the storage area; prepares necessary items, i.e. juice, water, cups, spoons, etc.; to assist the patient.
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse and respiration.
- Participates in case conferences.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, agency and employee matters.
- Adheres to all Agency policies.
- Recognize emergencies and demonstrates knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding basic infection control procedures.
- Attains quarterly goals as established in the annual performance evaluation.
- Submits required documentation in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the role of the Home Health Aide in the home setting as defined in state regulation.
- The home health aide or CNA shall not change sterile dressings, irrigate body cavities such as giving an enema, irrigate a colostomy or wound, perform a gastric irrigation or enteral feeding, catheterize a patient, administer medication, apply heat by any method, care for a tracheotomy tube, nor provide any personal health service which has not been included in the plan of care.
About this company
Page Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is a 180 bed Independent, Not-for-Profit Organization that offers short and long-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing services with a dedicated special care unit for residents with Alzheimers disease and other memory related disorders.
Our home-like atmosphere allows residents to enjoy courtyards accented by fountains and beautiful landscapes. While rooms are furnished to provide clinical services, we strive to provide an atmosphere where our residents will feel comfortable.
Facility staff is provided with education as a whole and within the various departments. This ensures they have the resources they need to provide high quality care and to meet the quality standards set by the residents and their families. Our staff utilizes an interdisciplinary team approach to care delivery.
To provide the citizens of Lee County access to high quality, cost effective skilled nursing and rehabilitation service.
Location/Region: Collier County Area