Engineering Tech - Design
INC- Naples, FL
Responsible for supporting the Engineering department by assisting Project & Packaging Engineers with the life cycle development of Class I and II medical devices, including new product development and maintenance of released products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with various aspects of the engineering product development process as assigned.
- Assist with the creation and processing of engineering Change Requests, including engineering specification drawings and all associated components that comprise the complete Bill of Materials.
- Assist Project/Packaging Engineers with CAD design work using Pro/E, SolidWorks or AutoCAD programs and their associated file management systems (PTC IntraLink and SolidWorks Enterprise).
- Assist in the development and testing of design prototypes.
- Assist in the reviewing/proofing of CR’s, engineering drawings and associated components (packaging and labeling) for accuracy, completeness and conformance to the Arthrex Engineering Documentation Policy.
- Assist in technical support of CAD related issues, best practices, and modeling techniques.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and other departments such as QA, Manufacturing, Regulatory, and Document Control to assist in completion of projects.
- Perform design assignments under minimal supervision.
- Generate complex mechanical models, assemblies, and drawings utilizing computer aided design (CAD) program, according to specifications determined by the engineer.
- Modify existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Support Regulatory, Marketing and Product Management with technical information as directed by the engineer.
- Coordinate with the engineer to support manufacturing vendors to provide processing improvements.
- Suggest and incorporate modifications to existing designs to improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Report progress and status of assignments on a timely basis with emphasis on reporting results to Engineering Project Leaders as appropriate.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Associates degree or some college experience is preferred
- Experience with engineering specification documents and conventions preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Knowledge of CAD systems, testing equipment, design, manufacturing, inspection methods, and ability to understand engineering specifications and drawing conventions.
Advanced skills in designing products using ProE "AND" SolidWorks CAD software preferred
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Advanced proficiency in the use of PC, CAD/CAM, and Agile MRP system.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Naples, FL (US)