Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, professional theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a detail-oriented and experienced individual to serve as Bookkeeper.
Located in Naples, Florida, Gulfshore Playhouse was founded in 2004 and has experienced thirteen years of explosive growth based in artistic and arts-education success. From modest beginnings, the organization today has a 9 month season, extensive educational and public programs that engage both underserved and prosperous segments of the community, an annual budget of $3.5m, a 13 member Board, 28 full-time staff, roughly 100 volunteers, about 1300 subscribers, and an annual attendance of about 100,000.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200 seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. A $10m challenge gift from long–time benefactors Patty and Jay Baker was announced in 2016 to seed a sustaining endowment and ignite a $45 million capital campaign to build a state-of-the-art professional theatre and education center in downtown Naples.
Status: Full-time, year-round position
Start Date: Immediately
Gulfshore Playhouse seeks a Bookkeeper to join our team. Reporting to the General Manager, the position is responsible for the management of the company’s bookkeeping and interfaces with senior management and others throughout the organization to ensure the accuracy of records and reporting.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate bookkeeping and financial reports by entering all income and expense transactions into Quickbooks, including all credit card transactions and payments; managing all bank accounts; managing accounts payable and receivable, including reimbursements, executing payroll and any payroll transactions;
- Creating and tracking all invoices and payments for accounts receivable;
- Assisting in the creation for ticketing reports and financial reports, including cash flow forecasting;
- Maintaining the use of best accounting practices in accordance with GAAP, including assisting with establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures;
- Supporting General Manager in the month-end, show-end, and year-end closing process;
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- Performing reconciliations on all accounts and reconciling ticketing services charges and receivables;
- Running checks weekly as approved by General Manager;
- Creating income reports for deposits received from ticketing service;
- Providing information to external auditors along with General Manager.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Three to five years’ experience in the field
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization
- Familiarity with Theatre and/or Performing Arts, preferred
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to email@example.com. Background checks will be performed on all applicants.
Location/Region: Naples, FL