The Medical Assistant assists our physicians to meet our patients� needs. Travels with our physicians as required to offices within a designated region. All employees are responsible for maintaining compliance with HIPAA.PURPOSE:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains and documents patients� vital signs, height and weight..
- Answers and returns patient phone calls in a professional, timely manner.
- Prepares charts, completes paperwork for scans, insurance requirements, reviews new patient documentation forms and documents patients medical histories including advance directives
- Responsible for cleanliness as well as maintaining current supplies in our exam rooms.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, is a team player and provides our patients, physicians and coworkers excellent customer service.
- Supports team.
- Excellent oral including strong telephone skills and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Organizational skills and able to multitask
- Communicates effectively with the team and patients.
- Positive customer service focus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three years of MA experience or commensurate experience preferred.
- Surgery scheduling experience preferred.
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Fort Myers, FL