LPN / CMA
The Licensed Practical Nursing or Certified Medical Assistant staff at 21st Century Oncology are a specifically trained group of individuals who demonstrate expertise in dealing with cancer patients during all aspects of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Always maintain a professional manner with patients, physicians, staff and the general public while in the work environment.
- Arrive as scheduled and can be relied on to complete assigned tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to direct questions to the proper people at the proper time.
- Accepts responsibility for actions and is willing to lend assistance where needed.
- Exhibits good follow-through on given tasks.
- Provide direct nursing care for identified patients.
- Perform nursing assessments and triage for new and current patients as instructed.
- Provide education to patients with verbal instruction and printed materials.
- Apply rules and regulations for radiation safety. Detect any radiation hazards and provide for appropriate patient and employee safety and report to physicist, engineer and supervisors.
- Able to simulate treatment set-ups including proper documentation.
- Be able to construct immobilization devices as needed for reproducibility.
- Identifies patients and ensures appropriate patient's charts are utilized
- Provide patient care and comfort that is essential to radiation therapy procedures.
- Be able to deliver clear and concise instructions appropriate to the level of comprehension of the patient.
- Able to assist in lifting or transferring patients in a safe manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain licenses, if applicable
- 1-3 years proven experience in related field
- Be an active part of the center's team.
About this company
Over 30 years of experience
21st Century Oncology is the premier provider of cancer care services across multiple modalities, the largest radiation oncology provider and one of the largest groups of urologists in the U.S. For more than 30 years, 21st Century Oncology has been committed to providing state-of-the-art, academic quality radiation therapy and other cancer treatments in a patient-centric setting focused on continuous innovation.
Convenient treatment locations
Headquartered in Fort Myers, Florida, the physician-led company operates 179 treatment centers, including 143 centers located in 17 U.S. states. The Company also operates 36 centers located in seven countries in Latin America.
A focus on integrated cancer care
21st Century Oncology employs or is affiliated with over 947 physicians globally, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, surgeons and pathologists—working together to deliver the most advanced integrated cancer care.
Location/Region: Naples, FL