The Guest Experience Ambassador is responsible for providing efficient and exceptional service to a wide variety of individuals on a daily basis, including: guests, potential guests, vendor partners and La Quinta team members. This service can be delivered by performing a variety of Front Desk, Maintenance, Housekeeping, and/or Laundry duties to meet daily business needs.
This versatile position will provide valuable support in multiple areas of the hotel while creating exceptional Here For You experiences which leave our guests and potential guests feeling assured, settled in and optimistic about La Quinta. Individuals in this role must adhere to the company’s standards and procedures in order to deliver a consistent guest experience across the brand while complying with all safety, security and quality measures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a friendly, welcoming experience by greeting guests as they enter the hotel. Welcome loyal guests and military members using the best practices outlined for each program. Ensure Elite guests receive the designated gift upon arrival.
- Provide all guests (including groups) with a friendly, accurate and efficient check-in / check-out process while following the company’s policies and procedures. Prepare for check-ins before the guest arrives by using the arrivals grid, preparing express check-ins, and planning for group arrivals. Ensure the front desk/lobby areas remain clean, organized and ready to greet guests.
- Verify and collect guest payments and identification, ensuring all procedures are followed to protect sensitive guest information including identity and credit card information. Process all financial transactions with strict adherence to defined procedures.
- Answer the hotel phone in a manner which provides a genuine Here For You experience to every caller. Listen, identify and resolve the caller’s need(s). Properly and efficiently transfer calls as necessary.
- Provide a warm and friendly experience to potential guests inquiring about hotel reservations by focusing on the guest’s need, asking for the sale, entering and confirming the reservation details, providing the cancellation policy and offering to enroll the guest in the Returns program.
- Implement a sales focus at the front desk and leverage all guest interactions as an opportunity to identify potential new business for the hotel and the brand. Ensure reservations are tracked to the correct company history and potential sales leads are entered in the ‘Leads On-line’ system for further handling by the Regional/Global Sales team.
- Complete shift checklist(s) to ensure the hotel information is updated and team members are prepared for the daily activities. Maintain room status inventory.
- Provide guests with clear directions and recommendations for local points of interest including restaurants, shopping, local attractions, etc. Ensure guests are aware of available hotel services.
- When assigned, conduct Night Audit procedures in a timely, accurate, complete and efficient manner while ensuring 24/7 front desk presence and Here For You service to our guests.
- In collaboration with the General Manager and/or Regional/Global Sales team, maintain relationships with the hotel’s top 3-5 accounts and become familiar with ‘backyard’ accounts in a 3-5 mile radius of the hotel.
- Wash and dry laundry following proper equipment settings and company procedures.
- Maintain the organization of the laundry room by folding and storing linen/terry in appropriate areas and keeping accurate inventory of available and discarded linen.
- Clean guest rooms, to include stripping and making beds, gathering and emptying trash, cleaning mirrors, vacuuming, and dusting furniture and fixtures.
- Clean guest baths, to include cleaning fixtures, commodes, showers/tubs, floors, walls, and mirrors.
- Inspect guest rooms and baths to ensure quality standards have been achieved.
- Replenish guest rooms and baths with amenities, supplies, and linen/terry in accordance with standards.
- Inspect rooms for needed repairs or fixtures that are not working properly; make small repairs such as replacing light bulbs, batteries in remote control, etc. Report other repair requests to Maintenance department in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Use Mobile Operations Platform (“M.O.P.”) devices for cleaning/inspecting and creating work orders.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply carts and storerooms.
- Perform routine maintenance duties, to include painting, caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment to include televisions, light fixtures, etc.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas and public spaces to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and any other aspects of the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Resolve submitted work orders in a timely manner while sensing and responding to guest needs; report major repair requests to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or General Manager as needed.
- Ensure proper usage, organization, and security/protection of supplies, tools, carts, and store rooms.
- Perform all other duties outlined in the company’s Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Stock and restock breakfast items such as food, drink and supplies as necessary to ensure guests have a consistent selection of items which are displayed in an appealing, clean and organized manner.
- Ensure eating area is clean and inviting at all times. Set up and take down breakfast items and displays, bus and clean tables, clean and mop the breakfast area, and empty trash receptacles.
- Greet and warmly acknowledge all guests as they arrive and depart.
- Properly clean and store all equipment, food, and supplies in accordance with company standards, food handling guidelines and other regulations.
- Sense and respond to all guest concerns or requests in a manner which leaves the guest feeling assured and optimistic about staying with La Quinta again. Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to a supervisor or manager when necessary. Notify the hotel manager of all guest concerns to ensure proper follow-up. Properly record guest concerns using the Problem Resolution Log. Prepare timely and accurate Maintenance work orders, following up as needed.
- Utilize company-issued devices (M.O.P., two-way radio, hotel phone, etc.) to communicate with fellow team members as necessary to deliver Here For You experiences.
- Where applicable, operate the hotel’s courtesy shuttle/van ensuring safety of individuals and the company vehicle through careful adherence to company policies, procedures and all applicable laws. Utilize prompt and proper reporting procedures for any damage or incidents.
- Perform all job duties with the utmost attention to safety and security measures which are outlined by OSHA or other regulations, the company safety and security manual, employee handbook and other company materials. These procedures include, but are not limited to: HazCom, Blood Borne Pathogens, Lockout/Tagout and emergency response.
- Remain flexible and willing to work in any areas of the hotel as needed to ensure the hotel delivers a consistent Here For You experience for every guest.
Keywords: customer service, guest service agent, part-time hotel job, part time hotel job, concierge, front desk clerk, full-time hotel job, full time hotel job, hospitality Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must possess and maintain valid licenses and/or certifications which are job related and required by law.
- At hotels which operate a courtesy van/shuttle, must possess and maintain a valid, current, non-restricted driver’s license if required to drive. Must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving history.
- Previous hotel or customer service experience is required, previous maintenance experience is desired.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires regular, sometimes constant, contact with customers, outside agencies and the general public. Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of individuals and personalities.
- Excellent listening skills and able to accurately sense and respond to guests’ unspoken wants and needs.
- Proficiency to approach all encounters, regardless of the situation in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Excellent telephone skills particularly related to customer service and sales.
- Basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, caulking, and/or other general repair skills.
- Must be able to work with and secure sensitive and/or confidential material and information.
- Must be able to properly and confidently operate basic office software, machines and devices including computers, company issued hand-held electronics, copier, printers, etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with little or no supervision, responding to and handling unfamiliar situations with little supervisory guidance.
- Strong independent judgment and decision-making skills are required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures, interpret precedents, and adopt standard methods or practices to meet variations in facts and/or conditions.
- Must work well under pressure and remain calm during stressful situations.
- Must possess solid organizational skills with the ability to simultaneously prioritize multiple priorities and/or projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires regular contact with other departments, supplying or seeking information on specialized matters.
LQ Management L.L.C. provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Location/Region: Naples, FL