We are a fast paced, tech savvy company, looking for a seasoned Superintendent for on-site coordination for all phases of commercial concrete and tilt-up and general construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
· Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
· Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
· Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
· Maintain daily log of activities on the jobsite through Viewpoint Team.
· Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
· Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
· Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
· Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
· Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
· Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
· Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
· Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
· Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
· Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
· Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
· Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
· Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
· Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum of three years of verifiable experience in general construction and commercial concrete
· Office experience of Viewpoint Construction Software, Microsoft office (Excel, word, project & Outlook) We will provide any necessary training, particularly for Viewpoint software as it will be an integral part of your responsibilities
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry