Brooks & Freund, LLC is currently seeking a Junior Estimator. This is an entry level position open to recent college graduates and/or individuals with a solid construction background. Junior Estimator will be responsible for assisting the estimating department with all facets of the bidding process.
- Plan reading and quantity take-off
- Communicate directly with subcontractors, architects, engineers, and owners
- Perform administrative tasks to support the estimating department
- Determine scopes of work and assist with all estimates
- Maintain various estimating and project logs
- Distribute required information and supply subcontractors with project information as needed
- Contract review and generating requests for information (RFI's)
- Assist in development of schedules for various projects
- Tracking of historical costs
- Assist with permitting and project start-up
- 4 year degree in Building Construction is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Paid vacation
- Group health plan
- Group dental plan
- Long term disability insurance
- Sick pay
- 7 paid holidays
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Brooks & Freund offers extensive experience and an unparalleled commitment to excellence. Team leaders have managed hundreds of successful projects in Southwest Florida, making the company an industry leader.
Location/Region: Fort Myers, FL (US)