Database Analyst III- Microsoft SQL SME
INC - Walden Center
Database and systems administration of business and enterprise-class systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration, Installation, Configuration, Support, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of databases and General administration of databases
- Database capacity planning as well as sizing and creation of database
- Reorganizing, defragmentation of Database
- Database performance / tuning as needed
- Provide 3rd level support and troubleshoot database problems
- Define & implement backup and recovery process for database
- Perform database backup and restores
- Monitors backup and restores or coordinates and supervises if done by third party
- Participate in design of GIS Infrastructure systems and support related projects and operations
- Maintain updated documentation while performing essential job duties
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
At least five years experience in database management, support and administration is required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field required. Masters Degree preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Expert knowledge of different database technologies / DBMS especially Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 is required
- Knowledge of Public Cloud DBaaS, Cloud to On-Premise synchronization, and/or Azure IaaSis a plus
- Knowledge of Performance and Monitoring tools is required. Idera’s Diagnostic Manager and/or SolarWinds is a plus.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and PowerBI is a plus
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills, ability to research database issues, standards and products
- Understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and legal compliance requirements
- Scripting skills as relevant to DBA functions and activities.
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, German language is a plus
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Microsoft environment. Work with standard current computer applications, word processing, spreadsheets, ERP, MES, PLM and CRM applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Bonita Springs, FL (US)