Naples Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram is part of the fast-growing Morgan Auto Group a Florida leader in automotive retail. We are looking to add a qualified Service Technician to our team. We offer our associates a team environment, great benefits and ongoing training and support. If you are in alignment with our values of integrity, transparency, professionalism and teamwork - now might be the time for you to accelerate your career as part of the best company in automotive retail.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer our associates the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision, Life, Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Professional work environment, with job training and advancement opportunities
The Service Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. A technician is expected to perform quality work without direct or continual supervision and be able and willing to work on all work assigned to him/her.
· Receive repair orders from dispatcher on computer terminal and take vehicle to stall areas.
· Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Inform ASM and Dispatcher if vehicle is down awaiting parts and pursue special ordering of parts, if appropriate.
· Attend factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
· Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
· Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Communicate requests for additional work and estimates to the ASM using the RE terminal command.
· Inform Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair, if authorized by the customer.
· Document work performed on each vehicle on the Repair Order using the concern, cause, correction format.
· Tell the technician’s story as clearly as possible on your terminal as this is what the customer will see and how the billing will be determined.
· Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed. Seat belts must be worn at all times.
· Supervise work of any inexperienced technicians as assigned.
· Continually monitor status of each vehicle and inform the ASM. Escalate “wait” jobs as much as possible.
· Monitor promised times and inform ASM if there will be a problem meeting a promise time as soon as it becomes apparent.
· Fix it right the first time!
· Keep current on all Manufacturer’s testing and exams.
· Keep ASE Certifications current.
· High school diploma or the equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
· ASE certification preferred.
· General mechanical skills.
· Valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
· Manual dexterity.
· Good judgment.
· Ability to lift 50lbs.
No Recruiters please.
Naples Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler and Ram is a family owned dealership that strives on the taking care of its customers and employees. We work hard to earn each and every relationship that keeps customers coming back for years to come. We are a rapidly growing organization and would love to speak to you about a career opportunity. Stop by and find out what we are all about. You'll be glad you did! This is one of the busiest service departments in Florida! Huge income potential.