NOVA Engineering is looking for a Civil Sitework Inspector to join our team in the Naples/Fort Myers area. This position will include both off-site and on-site work.
- Off-site work - in the public right-of-way such as paving , sidewalk, water, sewer, other utilities, concrete, driveways, fire lines, fire hydrants, storm drains, etc.
- On-site work includes grading & drainage, storm drains, flood protection, erosion, landscaping, retention, concrete/paving, drywells, and storm water.
Likewise site inspections include both on-site and off-site work.
- On-site work for zoning requirements like the amount of parking, landscaping, or shade required, building position, height and colors, view screening, ADA accessibility, etc.
- Commercial projects include off-site and on-site permits.
- Residential projects only have civil permits for off-site.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree in engineering or environmental sciences preferred but not required
- Basic math skills required
- Knowledgeable in site grading, drainage, landscaping, and exotic vegetation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Acceptable visual acuity and eye-hand coordination
- Ability to review and interpret technical data
- Employee is required to walk large work sites, including moderate hill sides and undeveloped land.
- Work sites are outdoors and employee will need the ability to work outside through all 4 seasons
- Employee may be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Established in 1996, NOVA was originally founded to provide Environmental Consulting, Geotechnical Engineering, and Construction Materials Testing and Inspection (CMT) services to the design and construction community in Georgia. Today we serve the eastern United States as NOVA Group Services with two operating subsidiaries, including NOVA Engineering and Environmental, and NOVA Quality Assurance Consulting Services. NOVA remains an employee-owned business focused on client service and technical excellence.
In addition to our traditional Environmental, Geotechnical Engineering, and CMT consulting services, NOVA also provides Building Envelope, Roof Consulting, and Structural / Forensics Engineering services that include condition assessments, design development review, failure analysis, as well as building envelope/roofing testing and inspection services during construction and/or rehabilitation.
NOVA has also expanded to provide industry leadership in building code compliance services that include: Municipal and Government Outsourcing, Loss Prevention, Construction Defect Mitigation, state of Florida Private ProviderTM and HUD Inspection services. Our professional staff includes experienced ICC certified plans examiners and inspectors, building officials, and engineers that can help you maintain the building standards of your community.
Currently, NOVA employs over 350 personnel located in 16 offices. Our professional staff consists of registered engineers, geologists, scientists, ICC inspectors, certified inspectors for housing and urban development, building officials, laboratory specialists, NICET and ACI-certified technicians, AWS-certified welding inspectors, and specialty consultants.
Location/Region: Naples, FL (US)