Our growing and very dynamic interior design firm is looking for a new addition to our team! Our work is primarily in high-end residential, with the occasional commercial job thrown in there. Our clientele is primarily based in SWFL but we also travel to exotic places like Minnesota, New York, and California, and more (!) to do interior design work for our clients. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment where every day is different than the day before, please continue reading!
- 5 years previous experience in the interior design industry (Seriously. This is not an HGTV episode where someone else is doing all the work behind the scenes. You HAVE to know what's involved in this industry and be prepared to hit the ground running.)
- Computer skills that include the Microsoft Suite, QuickBooks and/or Design Manager, Outlook, and comfort using the Internet
- Communication skills - You must be comfortable speaking with clients, sub-contractors, sales reps, and your fellow employees. Additionally, you must be able to express yourself diplomatically and professionally in email and text formats as well.
- Research skills
- A sense of humor - It goes a long way in this industry!
- Self-motivated multi-tasker- You must be willing to take initiative to do what needs to get done around here. We are a small but thriving interior design firm and we expect you to adapt to our pace. You are not here to reinvent the wheel that we have been rolling along for over two decades now with no problems.
- An Interior Design degree - It'd be great if you have one but experience in the industry is the best way to learn!
- Bilingual, preferably Spanish and English with fluency in both, written and spoken, although other languages are certainly welcome!
- Auto-CAD or REVIT experience
- Experience in office management and/or finance
This is and is not a desk job. While there will be times when you sit in front of a computer and research or put together purchase orders, we also need you to come out from behind the computer and dig in with the designing! We work hard here and the results are tangible and our design assistants are integral to those results.
Responsibilities (The Short List):
- Reporting daily to the head designer, junior designer, and office manager
- Ordering and tracking samples
- Maintaining client binders
- Updating the calendars
- Communicating with sales reps and sub-contractors
- Aiding in the selection process for soft goods and surface materials for projects
- Basic project management, assisting in installation
- Other support duties related to the head designer
We look forward to hearing from you!
*Candidate must currently reside within 20 miles of Bonita Springs, FL. We are not willing to relocate any candidate nor would we ask you to relocate, no matter how cool it seems to live in Florida and work for a really cool interior design firm.
We are a small but growing interior design firm who primarily works with high-end residential clientele throughout the area and, increasingly, throughout the United States. We have a very dynamic team of individuals working together to fulfill our clients' dreams.
Location/Region: Fort Myers, FL (US)