INTERIOR DESIGN DIRECTOR
- Passionate about your work?
- The creator of an exceptional portfolio of work with over 10 years’ experience?
- A forward, creative and strategic thinker and visionary?
- Able to inspire, motivate and elevate others?
- Able to foster and build client relationships and win projects?
- A curious lifetime student consistently seeking opportunities to learn and improve?
- Ready to leave your mark and embark on the next big challenge in your career?
Do you subscribe to the following Core Values?
- “Can do” positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Team work
Do you believe in?
- Asking questions and listening
- Design contradictions and eclecticism.
- Telling a story & creating unique historically aware spaces
- Fresh, timeless design
- Knowing how to construct what we are imagining
- Resourcefulness and the value of a dollar
- Timeliness & budgets
- Less is often more
- The job not being done until the client is thrilled
- Giving back
We exist to:
“Create spaces that move people by adding value to the client, raising
standards, realizing the client’s vision”.
A 30+ year old, national, multi-disciplined boutique interior design firm based in Naples, FL, is seeking likeminded, talented, motivated and forward thinking people to join our team. Our environment is collaborative, creative, progressive, demanding and fun. We are a growing firm with great opportunity, carefully seeking the best people and the right fit. Our portfolio includes projects coast-to-coast in over 25 states and Canada working with the top developers in the country focusing on: multi-family, hospitality, commercial and select residential. At CID “We Care about Everything” – our clients, our people, our families, our community, our work, innovation, creativity, thinking outside the box, resourcefulness and making a positive difference every day.
INTERIOR DESIGN DIRECTOR
The Nitty Gritty
The ideal individual:
- Have a proven capability to research, network, and develop new business opportunities, with a outstanding record of client development, & winning projects
- Strong time-management skills combined with a decisive ability to strategically prioritize
- Experienced in estimating/pricing projects & collaborating with internal estimators/contract specialists
- Experience with both new-construction and major renovation projects.
- Extensive construction knowledge, methodology and practical field experience.
- Deliver unique and cutting edge design within defined budgets & meet internal targets
- Expert written and verbal communication and presentation skills (small & large audiences)
- Possesses and exudes dynamic energy, passion & enthusiasm
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and identify opportunities for improvement in future leadership performance.
- Current, cutting edge, relevant body of work and design skills.
- Knowledge of very current products and design trends
- Knowledge of current material costs, specifications and standards
- Excellent space planning skills for new construction and renovation, with complete understanding of accessibility codes.
- Excellent organizational skills
- International project experience a plus
- Core Values: Passion, “can do” positive attitude, kindness, integrity, belief in continuous education, professionalism, resourcefulness, strong work ethic, attention to detail, team work, accountability, leadership and last but not least, creativity!
o 10+ years of experience as lead Interior Designer/ Project Manager of multiple projects and all phases start-to-finish
o 2+ years of experience in a similar/equal job spec/position
o Knowledge and experience in operations of an interior design firm or studio.
o Project types: New-construction & major renovation, $1Mil+ boutique hospitality and/or multi-family projects, lifestyle experiences
o Bachelors degree, Masters preferred, from an accredited Interior Design program
o Business administration degree or managerial/operations education, training, acumen
o NCIDQ certificate
o Professional association memberships
- Proficient in AutoCAD (2010 or newer)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop to be able to effectively direct team members
- Working knowledge of Studio Web-Ware a plus
- Flexibility to travel with some overnight stays
INTERIOR DESIGN DIRECTOR
The Nitty Gritty... continued
Responsibilities | Contributions:
- Design studio leadership, team size greater than 20
- Research, network, and develop new business opportunities aiding in organizations strategic growth
- Conduct and lead onsite reviews/surveys and meetings with owners & operations to establish design direction, project scopes, functional and program requirements
- Design direct a multitude of projects, from pre-development marketing efforts thru all project phases to ensure the vision is executed and realized thru completion of the projects.
- Establish design direction and specifications based on researched target demographic and regional market location styles & preferences.
- Awareness & implementation of specific client preferences and guiding projects accordingly
- Monitor and report on schedules & budgets to ensure project deliverables and deadlines are met on-time and on budget.
- Research visual concepts and materials to advise/direct project teams.
- Problem solve and assist team is developing creative solutions to design challenges.
- Evaluate FFE presentations/selections to ensure coordination between conceptual and end product.
- Leads collaborative product development, design integrity standards and lessons learned efforts
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with vendors and consultants.
- Review of design/construction documents and other deliverables to clients
- Ensure adherence to standards, processes and best practices.
- Improve/shape processes, procedures, performance, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations.
- Taking calculated risks to move departments and teams forward.
- Represent the company at the highest level at conferences, trade shows, etc.
A 30+ year old, national, multi-disciplined boutique interior design firm based in Naples, FL, is seeking like-minded, talented, motivated and forward thinking people to join our team. Our environment is collaborative, creative, progressive, demanding and fun. We are a growing firm with great opportunity, carefully seeking the best people and the right fit. Our portfolio includes projects coast-to-coast in over 25 states and Canada working with the top developers in the country focusing on: multi-family, hospitality, commercial and select residential. At CID We Care about Everything, our clients, our people, our families, our community, our work, innovation, creativity, thinking outside the box, resourcefulness and making a positive difference every day.