Be a Part of the Fiesta...
Come Join The Pollo Nation!
Pollo Tropical Restaurant Manager (AM) assist in the operations of the restaurant and a team of hourly associates during their respective shifts. In accordance with the goals of the company, they are responsible for managing all aspects of their shift including, but not limited to: restaurant operations, financial performance, management/staff development, customer satisfaction, quality standards, sales & marketing, and general communications with employees, vendors, customers, and corporate support staff.
• Follows and enforces all restaurant operations standards as defined in the Restaurant Operations Manual (i.e. Red Binder), the Management Systems Manual (i.e. Green Binder), and the Restaurant Technical Manual (i.e. Yellow Binder).
• Ensures the restaurant is operating at the highest level of standards and compliance and is adhering to all state and federal government regulations.
• Accounts for successful execution of all operating systems (ordering, receiving, inventory, equipment, maintenance, waste, etc.).
• Reviews and responds to both Front of House and Back of House schedules on a daily and weekly basis to control labor costs.
• Ensures proper execution of all accounting functions and complies with internal audit guidelines (i.e. checks signed on a timely basis, proper invoice coding, coupons and voids, deposit procedures, etc.).
• Works closely with General Manager to achieve budgeted sales and EBITDA restaurant objectives.
• Attends management and team member meetings to stay informed of important policy changes, new product rollouts, and operational updates.
• Assists the General Manager in attracting, developing, and retaining top talent with a passion for service, excellence, and quality.
• Provides ongoing insight and feedback to the General Manager about hourly team members' performance strengths, opportunity areas, and coaching/counseling opportunities.
• Maintains during their shift the proper follow through and execution of all Human Resources administration and legal compliance including, but not limited to: proper orientation, interviewing and hiring, new hire documentation, counseling, performance reviews, HR audits, etc.
• Works with the General Manager to develop hourly staff by following the Phase Training Program, cross-training, pre-shift meetings, and required city/state/federal training (e.g. Food Safety, license, etc.) guidelines.
• Attends internal new product rollouts and training programs for professional development including, but not limited to: Coaching & Counseling, Shift Controls, REMAX, HR Workshops, Shades of Harassment, etc.
• Demonstrates high energy, a fun loving personality, and leadership skills that inspire a culture of hospitality and 100% guest satisfaction.
• Responds and resolves (on the spot) guest complaints, unsatisfying or disappointing issues, or potential problems to ensure the guests leave with a positive view of the brand.
• Supports the General Manager by hiring and training guest-oriented staff, makes them knowledgeable of the service model and products, and holds them accountable to the guest-satisfaction standards (e.g. bonus criteria) outlined by the company.
• Develops and executes internal customer-making programs to ensure guest loyalty, such as: addressing customer's by name, remembering their favorite meals, maintaining a customer log, sending "thank you" notes, using comment cards, etc.
• Ensures during their shift that the restaurant is accountable for the successful execution of all quality operating systems (i.e. PARs, line checks, Quick Check, OPSuperiority Restaurant Readiness checklist, Food Quality Control checklist, pre-shift checklist, etc.)
• Communicates and reinforces quality standards to all team members and management.
• Maintains and upkeeps equipment for optimal performance and efficiency.
• Prepares and sells product that only meets brand standards and consistency.
Sales & Marketing:
• Ensures proper execution of all internal marketing initiatives.
• Understands current marketing promotions and POP placement of materials to drive add-on sales.
• Supports the General Manager in building a store culture that is guest-service oriented both at the front counter and in the dining room..
On a frequent basis will communicate and interface with Chief Operating Officer, Regional Operations Director(s), Marketing Directors, Field Marketing Coordinators, District Managers, Corporate Human Resources, Field Human Resources Manager, Accounting, Service & Catering Manager, Legal department, paying customers, various vendors and suppliers.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Associates degree in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School degree or equivalent required.
• Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
• Has a functional understanding of Profit & Loss statements, costs controls, and restaurant operations.
• Demonstrates stamina, focus, compliance, and service-driven abilities while managing their shift.
• External candidates should have a minimum of 2 years working in a restaurant environment, showing career progression and verifiable results.
• Internal candidates should have a good record of achieving results and have an above average knowledge of the Pollo Tropical operating procedures and standards.
• Ability to comfortably speak, write and comprehend English in a business setting.
• Successful completion of a background and drug screening.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
• Continuing variety of conditions depending upon season, day of week, and time of day.
• Employee frequently required to grasp and carry hot and cold items.
• Employee periodically required to lift weights from 25 up to 50 pounds.
• Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, or hear. Floor conditions could be wet or slippery, noises from fans and other equipment may be moderate to high.
Working at Pollo Tropical allows you to take advantage of an amazing benefits package. Benefits for the Assistant Restaurant Manager and General Restaurant Manager position will include:
• Quarterly Bonus Program
• Medical Plan - PPO through United Healthcare
• Dental Plan
• Life Insurance
• 401K Savings Plan
• Vacations, Holidays and Personal Days
• Short and Long Term Disability with Wage Continuation
• Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Weekly
• 8-week Paid Training Program
• Competitive Compensation
Pollo Tropical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Pollo Tropical ® , we place great pride in our people. We're proud they value hard-work, high standards, and really care for one another. It's true, we're a culturally diverse family who respects one another's differences, grows together, and has a zest for life.
Our people are loyal , responsible, results-driven, and growth-oriented. We operate some of the highest volume restaurants in the quick-casual segment. And, we only do it during lunch and dinner - so no "crack of dawn" mornings or "graveyard shifts" to manage. We cook our food from scratch, make our own sauces, and prepare our chicken on an open-flamed grill. We deliver food to our guests in an inviting and fun environment, staying true to our message that “life truly is better under the palm.”
We aren't looking for just any one, We're looking for business-minded leaders who want to earn, learn, and grow with us as they help us grow. The sky is the limit here at Pollo Tropical!
Through our Pollo Tropical University (PTU) , our managers and employees receive top-notch training on all aspects of the operations, while developing their leadership and business skills. As part of our family, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, meal discounts and a host of other employee rewards and services.
When you join our publicly traded company , you will be a part of the excitement that is known as Fiesta Restaurant Group ® (frgi.com). We specialize in the operation of fast-casual, ethnic restaurant brands that offer distinct flavors with a broad appeal at a compelling value. We currently own and operate the Taco Cabana and Pollo Tropical brands, with a total of 329 restaurants in the southern United States, and franchise the Pollo Tropical brand in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
Location/Region: Naples, FL (US)