Be a Part of the Fiesta...
Come Join The Pollo Nation!
Pollo Tropical Restaurant Manager (GM) lead the operations of the restaurant and a team of hourly associates. In accordance with the goals of the company, they are responsible for managing all aspects of their restaurant including, but not limited to: restaurant operations, financial performance, management/staff development, customer satisfaction, quality standards, sales & marketing, and general communications with employees, vendors, customers, and corporate support staff.
•Follows and enforces all restaurant operations standards as defined in the Restaurant Operations Manual (i.e. Red Binder), the Management Systems Manual (i.e. Green Binder), and the Restaurant Technical Manual (i.e. Yellow Binder).
• Ensures the restaurant is operating at the highest level of standards and compliance adhering to all state and federal government regulations.
• Accounts for successful execution of all operating systems (ordering, receiving, inventory, equipment, maintenance, waste, etc.).
• Oversees and ensures compliance with all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial controls.
• Reviews and responds to both Front of House and Back of House schedules on a daily and weekly basis to control labor costs.
• Focuses on long-term financial performance rather than short-term maximization.
• Ensures proper execution of all accounting functions and complies with internal audit guidelines (i.e. checks signed on a timely basis, proper invoice coding, coupons and voids, deposit procedures, etc.).
• Achieves all budgeted sales and EBITDA restaurant objectives.
• Assists in the preparation of the annual restaurant budget process.
• Holds frequent management and team member meetings to keep staff informed of important policy changes, new product rollouts, and operational updates.
• Demonstrates ability to attract, develop, and retain top talent with a passion for service, excellence, and quality.
• Conducts frequent evaluation updates and a formal, annual performance review for all managers and staff outlining strengths, opportunity areas, and merit recommendations.
• Ensures proper follow through and execution of all corporate and field training programs as defined by the Training Department and company.
• Maintains proper follow through and execution of all Human Resources administration and legal compliance including, but not limited to: proper orientation, interviewing and hiring, new hire documentation, counseling, performance reviews, HR audits, etc.
• Develops management and staff by following Phase Training Program, cross-training, pre-shift meetings, and required city/state/federal training (e.g. Food Safety, license, etc.).
• Demonstrates high energy, a fun loving personality, and leadership skills that inspire a culture of hospitality and 100% guest satisfaction.
• Responds and resolves (on the spot) guest complaints, unsatisfying or disappointing issues, or potential problems to ensure the guests leave with a positive view of the brand.
• Hires guest-oriented staff, makes them knowledgeable of the service model and products, and holds them accountable to the guest-satisfaction standards (e.g. bonus criteria) outlined by the company.
• Develops and executes internal customer-making programs to ensure guest loyalty, such as: addressing customer"s by name, remembering their favorite meals, maintaining a customer log, sending “thank you” notes, using comment cards, etc.
• Ensures the restaurant is accountable for the successful execution of all quality operating systems (i.e. PARs, line checks, Quick Check, OPSuperiority Restaurant Readiness checklist, Food Quality Control checklist, pre-shift checklist, etc.)
• Communicates and reinforces quality standards to all team members and management.
• Maintains and upkeeps equipment for optimal performance and efficiency.
• Prepares and sells product that only meets brand standards and consistency.
Sales & Marketing:
• Involves self and management team in all aspects of sales, promotions, local store advertising, and catering sales initiatives.
• Seeks ways to reach out to existing and potential customers by involving corporate marketing staff to execute against unique and profitable sales building activities.
• Ensures proper execution of all internal marketing initiatives.
• Builds a store culture that visibly drives add on sales both at the register and with in-house service opportunities (i.e. in-store product tests, dessert trays walked around in dining room, happy hour specials, etc.).
• Communicates and educates management and hourly team members on new products and promotions ensuring knowledge is imparted with clarity, purpose, and add-on sales results.
On a frequent basis will communicate and interface with Chief Operating Officer, Regional Operations Director(s), Marketing Directors, Field Marketing Coordinators, District Managers, Corporate Human Resources, Field Human Resources Manager, Accounting, Service & Catering Manager, Legal department, paying customers, various vendors and suppliers.
EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Associates degree or Bachelor"s degree in Business Administration or Hospitality preferred. High School degree or equivalent required.
• Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to fluently understand Profit & Loss statements, costs controls, and restaurant operations.
• Focuses on “over the top” guest service experiences.
• Demonstrates highly motivated, energetic, and engaging characteristics.
•Minimum 5 years working in a restaurant environment, showing career progression and verifiable results.
• Minimum 3 years as a General Manager of a quick casual or quick serve environment.
• Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, and back of house restaurant systems such as labor schedulers, inventory tracking systems, ordering, etc.
• Ability to comfortably speak, write, and comprehend English in a business setting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
• Continuing variety of conditions depending upon season, day of week, and time of day.
• Employee frequently required to grasp and carry hot and cold items.
• Employee periodically required to lift weights from 25 up to 50 pounds.
• Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, or hear. Floor conditions could be wet or slippery, noises from fans and other equipment may be moderate to high.
Working at Pollo Tropical allows you to take advantage of an amazing benefits package. Benefits for the Assistant Restaurant Manager and General Restaurant Manager position will include:
• Quarterly Bonus Program
• Medical Plan - PPO through United Healthcare
• Dental Plan
• Life Insurance
• 401K Savings Plan
• Vacations, Holidays and Personal Days
• Short and Long Term Disability with Wage Continuation
• Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Weekly
• 8-week Paid Training Program
• Competitive Compensation
Pollo Tropical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Pollo Tropical ® , we place great pride in our people. We're proud they value hard-work, high standards, and really care for one another. It's true, we're a culturally diverse family who respects one another's differences, grows together, and has a zest for life.
Our people are loyal , responsible, results-driven, and growth-oriented. We operate some of the highest volume restaurants in the quick-casual segment. And, we only do it during lunch and dinner - so no "crack of dawn" mornings or "graveyard shifts" to manage. We cook our food from scratch, make our own sauces, and prepare our chicken on an open-flamed grill. We deliver food to our guests in an inviting and fun environment, staying true to our message that “life truly is better under the palm.”
We aren't looking for just any one, We're looking for business-minded leaders who want to earn, learn, and grow with us as they help us grow. The sky is the limit here at Pollo Tropical!
Through our Pollo Tropical University (PTU) , our managers and employees receive top-notch training on all aspects of the operations, while developing their leadership and business skills. As part of our family, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, meal discounts and a host of other employee rewards and services.
When you join our publicly traded company , you will be a part of the excitement that is known as Fiesta Restaurant Group ® (frgi.com). We specialize in the operation of fast-casual, ethnic restaurant brands that offer distinct flavors with a broad appeal at a compelling value. We currently own and operate the Taco Cabana and Pollo Tropical brands, with a total of 329 restaurants in the southern United States, and franchise the Pollo Tropical brand in the Caribbean, Central America, and South America.
Location/Region: Fort Myers, FL (US)