The Bartender is responsible for maintaining the bar area, serving restaurant and bar patrons at the bar and filling drink orders for the dining room. The Bartender must have extensive knowledge of liquor mixed drinks, beer and wine. Thinking quickly, awareness of surroundings and monitoring patrons for signs that they have had too much alcohol are also skills required to do this position well.
Providing top-notch customer service while maintaining control of the bar, serving drinks and managing the financials require attention to detail and extreme focus. At the end of each night the Bartender will cash-out the cash drawer, making sure It balances with the POS system and note any discrepancies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mix drinks using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits, including standard and unique drinks.
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each client and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem clients and having them removed.
- Keep bar area clean, safe and organized.
- Collect money for drinks served and providing change as needed; Balance cash receipts; Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night
- Mix all drinks based on the standard serving sizes, keeping drink costs at a minimum.
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times.
- Take beverage orders from customers or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail.
- Provide a positive and friendly guest experience by interacting with patrons.
- Check identification to verify legal age requirements for all customers.
- Keep a well-stocked bar with an adequate supply of liquor, beer, wine, mixers, ice, napkins, straws, glassware, and other accessories.
- Organize the bar area to streamline drink preparation and inventory.
- Slice, pit, and prepare fruit garnishes for drinks.
- Monitoring all patrons for alcohol intake to appropriate levels and attempting to curtail inappropriate behavior.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience working as a bartender.
- Must be able to lift 20 pound boxes and stand for an 8-hour shift.
- Strong customer service, great memory, and interpersonal skills required.
The original Fuzzy’s Taco Shop is on Berry Street in Fort Worth, Texas. It was there that a glorious vision of taco heaven took hold in 2003: It would have frosty drinks. It would have good vibes. It would be the kind of place that you never want to leave. It would be a huge, craving-inducing success.
Fuzzy’s earned a cult-like following, and that first location turned into more than 100 across the country. Today, people bring their dogs, party on our patios and feel the festive love every time they walk into a Fuzzy’s. And with locations popping up nationwide, our Baja tacos, Chips & Guac, and frozen margaritas are always within reach. Which is reason enough to celebrate with some, as far as we’re concerned.
Location/Region: Naples, FL (US)